Course 12: Introduction to cgi programming using PERL - Contents
This course is designed for fairly competent HTML programmers and people who want to create their own server site programs which will run under PERL on a web server.
Not all ISPs allow the running of user created cgi programs, so you may require a local machine running a web server, to use as a test bed to run your scripts.
Students who don't have a Linux server can develop PERL applications using RISC OS by installing a web server such as WebJames and installing the RISC OS port of PERL.
· Lesson 1 - Introduction and Tools required for the job.
· Lesson 2 - Starting off: Default routines and templates.
· Lesson 3 - Reading information from the user.
· Lesson 4 - Processing information.
· Lesson 5 - Outputting the results back to the users web browser.
· Lesson 6 - Installing WebJames/PERL on RISC OS.
· WebJames - Web server for RISC OS
· Perl - RISC OS port of PERL
Last edit: 15th Feb 2017 at 1:50am
Viewed 3008 times since 2nd Jan 2006,